Important Reminders for Parents
In consideration of others, children should not be sent to school with:
• A temperature of 100 degrees or higher
• Suspected strep throat
• A rash of unknown origin
• Vomiting or diarrhea
Younger children should be kept at home with red, itchy, draining eyes; runny noses; or coughs as this age group is in closer contact with others and can spread illness easily.
Please inform the school nurse of the following:
• Serious illness or injury
• Life-threatening allergies
• Chronic health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, or seizures
• Any change in your phone number (for emergency notification purposes)
Additional information about the school’s health policies can be found in each division’s handbook. Information on physical forms and emergency treatment cards is kept on fill in the school’s Health Center and may be shared only on a “need to know basis” with school personnel and emergency staff.